Stop all the clocks, cut off that telephone.
I know we've got it good
But they've got it made
And the grass is getting greener each day
- One Republic's "All The Right Moves" -
For the past months, I have been dragging my feet to work. I wake up with a sigh, drag myself around the room to get ready and shuffle off to work. To make matters worse, I have been waking up later than I should, every so often, pushing the snooze button. Hence, I’ve been late many a times. I blame the terrible jam going into KL everyday (although, technically, my office is at the fringe of KL) and the pesky roadworks that necessitates a detour. But deep down I know, it is because I didn’t make enough time to prepare myself for work every morning.
Ideally, I should pack my bag and set out the outfit PLUS the accessories (because scrambling for matching accessories often takes up precious 5 minutes), the night before. At times, I do do those things, but then I became a little bit relaxed, and decide to snooze a few minutes more. That delicious decision, would lead to me being 15 minutes tardy.
Tsk.
Oftentimes, when I’m late, I’ll just lament on how I hate driving to this job so early in the morning (when it’s not, actuallynya pun), and how this would really motivate me to get a new job. As a matter of fact, this tardiness has been the fodder for my recent job searches.YES, I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW JOB!!. End of advertisement. Anyway, being late has turned me cranky and strangely, moodily unproductive in the mornings. Add on not being able to have a leisurely breakfast at home before going off to work, and you’ll get one pissed off person stomping off to buy RM4 sandwiches for breakfast.
Tapi, I noticed, ever since I made that pledge to go straight to work after sahur (and, ahem, catch a few more winks in the office), I am no longer that lethargic and I don’t have that burden of the heavy dread of going into the office every morning. Strange, but first I attributed it to the fasting month being holy and all, and maybe I also turned holier and more motivated *katanya*. Besides, I was also going to bed early (almost straight after terawikh), so maybe that contributed to me being a little bit more energetic in the morning. Although, waking up for sahur, would almost always turn me into this growling and frowning creature, stabbing at her food at the dining table.
But I digress.
And today, after about 17 days of fasting, I relapsed into my old habit. Decided to take a short nap after sahur, thinking that what’s with it being a public holiday, the roads might be clearer.
Woke up late, scrambled for outfit and accessories, and rushed off. And reached the office about the same time as those pre-puasa days. Grr.
Guess we all know what we should do from now on, eh?