Wednesday, August 25, 2010 / 11:28 PM
Asking for It.

If you are chilly, here take my sweater
Your head is aching, I'll make it better
'Cause I love the way you call me, baby
And you take me the way I am

- Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am" -


Today turned out to be better than expected.

I took leave today to go for a facial and then to KL, to pay this exorbitant amount of money for my apartment. Which I don't exactly have, and therefore will render me, super broke till, like, January.

Sigh. But, what's gotta be done HAS to be done *semangat*

So, I dragged myself out of bed, got ready, and went to withdraw said money. Found that it was not exactly enough.

Damn. Then I had an epiphany. My brilliant mind had concocted this short financial plan that will carry me throughout this Raya month, without that much of a sacrifice.

Woot! Then the day became even more productive.

1. Arrive in Subang pretty early for the facial. Then, decided to pay off my phone bill and CC bill.

2. Paying them over the counter so very early in the morning, eliminated the stress that I could have faced, had I gone in a little bit later and join long queues. Plus, parking was ample! Another plus point, I won't have to pay those pesky transaction fees had I paid my bills online!

3. Facial was also good. My "aunty facial" didn't torture me as much, and even provided my with little nuggets of information and current news, while she pinched and squeezed. Extra pressure when she's animated though *ouch*.

4. Then it was off to pay my maintenance fee for the apartment. Still in a happy mode.

5. Back at home. Folded some clothes, watched Oprah, and actually finished a chapter of this book I'm currently reading. Then nap. Bliss!

(I should do this more often!)

6. Dragged my mom to PaRam in Subang. Bumped into several friends. Bought yummy, yummy food for berbuka. Apa, you say? Well then, let me tell you. There were those burgers with those thick beef patties *drools*, baked jacket potatoes with extra cheese topping and stuffing, char kueh and some paus from the brader we used to buy from back in the 90s, crispy samosas with ample filling, and last but not least, apam baliks from this extremely professional apam balik packer in the form of a very young boy. I tell you, to him, packing those apam baliks is a perfected fine art.

7. Then tarawikh.

8. To end the night: Downloaded Season 5 of How I Met Your Mother and Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am". Which is playing on loop right now. Oh, and look, it's The Return of Posting Random Lyrics on Blog Day. :D

To think that I was planning to be pretty depressed by the end of the night...

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com