So the other night, I made fried rice. Then I went all over confident and cooked up a huge batch of sambal prawns. Sampai today ada leftovers ok. * sigh * must learn how to budget!
Last night, rushed home with the grand idea of cooking chicken curry, stir-fry veges and some fried fish. Guess I was lucky that my mom had already coated the fish in some kunyit, and froze it, so all I had to do was to thaw them and fry them up. Tapi, balik-balik je, my dad assisted me in rummaging the fridge for ikan masin. Apparently, he was hankering for it. Hmmph. I felt insulted and immediately unappreciated. * sigh * Drama kan? Haha.
So I ended up, reheating said prawn sambal, fried the fish and stir fry some vege, for dinner along with rice. Which he walloped almost entirely. Leaving me with almost nothing. Cheh. My sister and brother had to have their dinner outside.
So today would be my final day in the attempt to be a domestic goddess. In order to do that, I took a 1-day leave. HAHA.
Did household chores like hanging the laundry, washing the driveway and patio, vacuuming and mopping, and the piece de resistance, the lunch. Which is not a big deal sangat la but since it was my first time cooking it, I took a picture of it. Nah:
Chicken korma with potatoes and onions. Kitchen drama includes almost being in tears because I couldn’t find the right spices *I can practically hear my mom nag, Tu laa, tak masuk dapur lagi, cari barang pun tak tau! *, over-marinating the chicken, worrying about the lack of potatoes and onions, all that tears as I pound the lesung batu with shallots, garlic and ginger, and the clincher: slightly scalding my hands while blending the coconut for santan.
*Takes deep breathe * I swear if it were not for my family la kan…
But things turned out ok. At about 1 pm, I ended up with Chicken Korma with Potatoes and Onions, Sambal Ikan Bilis Garing and instant Pratha(s).
Dah. No more cooking until it’s ABSOLUTELY necessary to.
I’m hanging up my apron *wah, pakai apron kah?* and gonna kiss my yoga mat now.