Tuesday, March 23, 2010 / 12:53 PM
Ruby Ahmad and the unfortunate skirt incident.

Last Friday I went to the Tompi showcase at Alexis Ampang. It was a sorta a spur of the moment decision, although I did pack a dressy outfit for an evening out. The Diva and I had dinner at CPK, where I jokingly told him that that would have been my last pasta dish before embarking on a journey of skintness, then decided to just go watch the show.

When I arrived, the place was already packed. The Diva opted to stand by the entrance as the position was quite strategic, facing the stage albeit at a distance. I rushed off to empty my bladder at the restroom. There was quite a queue, and when I was done, there were 2 other girls waiting in line. As I was washing my hands, I smoothed down the back of my skirt, and realised too late, that half of it was tucked into this pair of black tights I was wearing underneath.

Ok, so I was pretty mortified, squealed and started to pull at my skirt. I made this “oh-my-gawd-that-was-so-embarassing-wasn’t-it face in the mirror’s reflection to those 2 girls, waiting in line for the loo, who was also watching me (or were they, watching the mirror instead?). They just stared blankly back.

It strikes me then that these 2 girls, didn’t even bother to point out that I had this embarrassing situation going on. Which I thought, OMG girlfriend, you’re just too mean! *snap, snap!* Are we all too absorbed in ourselves or are just too wary of strangers? Or do we just don’t care anymore?

The other day, my trusty Satria broke down and started to spew smoke by the highway, during the morning rush. I patiently waited for one of those Peronda Highway to come to my rescue, failing which, my parents (who will remain my superheros till the end of my days), came rushing to rescue their eldest daughter, completely equipped with a bright yellow kettle and some gentle scolding. Throughout the whole hour and half of crawling traffic, not one person stopped by to ask if anything is wrong, even after I had propped up my car bonnet, for good measure.

Please don’t let me falter in my belief that there are nice people out there.

Speaking of nice people, I was shocked to hear that Ruby Ahmad, a semi-famous blogger, had passed away a few days back. I don’t read her blog, but I knew she was famous among the KL blogger circles. What made her death even more shocking for me was the fact the I actually recently saw her having dinner at Dome, when I was having my own dinner with Hetz before the Babyface concert, and she looked FINE. However, I just realised upon reading blog tributes about her, that she has been suffering from breast cancer but kept it as a secret from her friends and family. The disease didn’t stop her from living a full life among her loved ones though, and I hope that when she left this world that day, she was also among her loved ones.

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com