I rent a room and I fill the spaces with
wood in places to make it feel like home
but all I feel's alone
It might be a quarter life crisis
or just the stirring in my soul
Either way, I wonder sometimes
about the outcome
of a still verdictless life
- John Mayer’s” Why, Georgia?” –

I picked up the chocolate pastry (pain au chocolat, was all I see in the UK, on the patisserie shelves for breakfast), and put it on my tray. I reached with my tongs to pick up the chicken pie, and she whispers “Don’t eat too much pastry, it’s fatty” with a disapproving wrinkle of her eyebrows.
“Bitch” I almost voiced out.
“It’s ok la, I memang wanted to eat the chocolate pastry” I smiled at her cheerfully.
She gave me a smile that says, hey, it’s your body, destroy it if you want to, and we walked off. Maybe I was feeling rebellious (sometimes, mummy figures does want to make me lash out unnecessarily). But I’m nearly thirty, for God’s sake.
The word thirty, if it has an echo, would have rung out, over and over again, bouncing off the walls in my mind.
Now, after that two pastries, I just feel bloated. And icky.
*sigh* Mummies do know best, don’t they?
Here’s an open invitation. Jogoya in Starhill is a Japanese Buffet Restaurant with over 200 dishes, a huge space that can accommodate over 500 people, and one which I’ve not tried yet. We all know that Japanese buffets can be very expensive (they charge RM 88++ for dinner), but until the end of this month, they’re having a few promotions. The 2nd lady only pays RM 19.90! So, I think that if you come in pairs of ladies, the price is really worth it. There are also other promotions such as, 10% off for AEON Cardholders and Buy 2 Get 1 Free for HSBC cardmembers. Check their website out for more details: www.jogoyarestaurants.com.
So, I’m organising a sushi get-together tomorrow night (Wednesday, 25th November 2009), and if anyone would like to join me and my friends over good food (and hopefully, good company), please let me know because I’ll be making the reservations today. So far, I have 2 confirmed parties, therefore, I’m not expecting a huge crowd. My reasons are purely selfish: I just want to try the buffet out and don’t want to do it alone :)
Should any of you be interested to join in the gluttony, just let me know. You know how to reach me :) As they say, the more the merrier!
And let’s hope I get off my nasty mood by then.