Do you know what's worth fighting for?
When it's not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away
And you feel yourself suffocating?
- Green Day’s “21 Guns” -
I am not one for confrontation. As I discover today after taking yet another personality test, I’m a person who is into win-win situations. I am not one for standing my ground, and stamping my feet till I get my own way. The best way is for everyone to get a little bit of their own way, or perhaps, someone should mengalah. If it’s not too much of a bother.
The other day, a friend of mine made reservations at Marche. Unfortunately, when we arrive and queried for it, the lady behind the counter (with that kitschy apron), couldn’t find her name. And this is after the restaurant made a call confirming her reservations earlier!
Of course my friend was pissed. So she demanded a comment form there and then. On the other hand, me and another friend, kinda walked away sheepishly and started to look for another place to have dinner in.
Tonight, my mother made a small fuss in the neighbourhood pharmacy, when she couldn’t return a medicine that we bought a few days back. Granted, we didn’t have the receipt with us, but she was of the opinion that these things are minor setbacks that could be overcome, because, hey, customer is king (in her case, Queen Mother). Memangla tak boleh kan. Sibuk la dia grumble, saying kat UK, semua boleh.
Memangla kat UK semua boleh. Ibu, ibu.
Maybe that means I’m a pushover. I guess so. It prolly means that I’m a bit of a lalang, not having a firm enough opinion, preferring to agree to many opinions all at once.
Salah ke?
I once thought that I would love to have complete control over where my career is going. I envisioned a high-flying position, the swanky office, the entertainment account, hob-nobbing with the movers and shakers.
Now, I realize: I’m not that hardworking nor responsible enough of people and of my own capabilities. I’m pretty lazy and love to just while away my time. Plus, i hate confrontations (which i envision being a person of authority would be encountering on a daily basis), and getting my own way all the time, just seems too bratty for me.
Camne nak jadi boss camni?! Haha.
But I do know that I can make people feel comfortable. I’m okay with talking to people and telling them about something I know or am passionate about. I don’t have severe stage fright, hence, don’t have much trouble speaking out in public (but in a non-confrontational way la haha).
Surely, there’s a place for me somewhere among the high flyers?
On a fluffier note, check out my new perfume:

I luurrrveeee it!