Tuesday, September 08, 2009 / 9:19 AM
Signs of things to come.

Tell me all your thoughts on God, cause I'd really like to meet her.
And asked her where and who we are.
Tell me all your thoughts on God, cause I'm on my way to see her.
So tell me am I very faaar... Am I very far now?

- Dishwalla’s “Tell Me All Your Thoughts on God” -


I had a really vivid dream last night. Well, technically, it was after I woke up for sahur, then slept right back. Teehee.

I dreamt that I was asked to emcee a wedding of this bigshot’s daughter with my emcee buddy. Apparently, as I am the Master of All Procrastination, I have not prepared the script, and was counting on meeting up with my emcee buddy just before the wedding to craft something up. Believe me, something equivalent to this has happened before.

So I arrived at the wedding venue, which looked like a posh dewan in Pertama Kompleks. Hmm. I was already dressed up in this gold baju kurung, but somehow when I met up with my emcee buddy (who was dressed up in his baju melayu, siap songkok lagi), I looked down, and saw myself in casual clothes. Apparently, I changed into them in some room, and I remembered laying out my clothes on the bed, so that I can change into them just before the ceremony.

I was all anxious about getting the VIP names correctly, because there was going to be a long list of them. But I couldn’t sit down with my emcee buddy, as he seemed to be busy helping the bigshot with the wedding preparations. The bigshot himself (don’t ask me who, but strangely he looks like our new Chairman, haha), was in his purple baju melayu, and was looking harried. So I was crossing my fingers, hoping that my emcee buddy had gotten the VIP list and will be reading them out instead of me.

Tup tup je, the ceremony suddenly started and the wedding procession started to berarak into the hall. Of course la I panicked! I was backstage (well, sorta like belakang the pelamin), in my t-shirt and jeans, and my emcee buddy was nowhere to be seen! I slipped out through the side door, watched the procession make its way to the pelamin, siap ada penari tradisional latar lagi, hoping that my emcee buddy is already at the rostrum, and will start emceeing without me.

Then I realised something. The penari latar themselves were not properly dressed! They had on their headgears and some accessories, but they were also in their t-shirt and jeans! And when they left the hall through the side doors, they rushed to me (they were my dancers rupa-rupanya), and cried out, “Kitorang tak sempat tukar baju!!”.

“I pun!!” I nearly screamed.

“Takpe, takpe, I tau baju you kat mana”. One of the dancers took my hand, lead me through some bazaar arked Mara (told you it was like Pertama Kompleks), and brought me to the room where I saw my pretty baju kurung all laid out on the bed.

Then I woke up. Well, technically, I was yelled at to be woken up.

Gee, no pressure for the upcoming emcee jobs in the Raya month huh?

Which reminds me, I have yet to get an outfit, a purple one because that’s the theme colour this year, and I have yet to discuss with my emcee buddy on the script. For the other job, I have to find out what’s the dress code, also, emcee script.

Yikes. And all the pretty, pretty bajus are impressively expensive.

Btw, my handphone is comatose. So I’ve had 5 blissfull days of ringing-tone-less existence. Best. Even the mommy can’t find me. Muahaha.

Unfortunately, I’ve missed out on listening to the radio every morning. Did I tell you that my poor car’s radio has also gone kaput-ed on me since God knows when? And the only entertainment I get is by listening to the radio via my handphone?

Oh, and I’ve missed out on calls from friends. Nonzies was especially resourceful though, resorting to calling my mother up haha.

Sad kan?

*sigh* it’s prolly time to get a new one.

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com