On my way down. Speculatively
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
- Lifehouse's "Everything" -
I need to get back to reading. Not just newspaper or articles or anything work-related. Back to good old good books, those you can sink your teeth into and still not be able to clamp down your upper molars with your bottom ones.
And proper reading as well. Not just eyeing text line by line, but properly absorbing words, imagine scenarios and getting totally involved to the point that I won't be able to put a book down, and will not sleep till I finish it, goddammit.
The last time that happened was when I read the last installation of the Harry Potter series. But that does not count properly because, well, it's an unrequited love affair. And as far as those unrequited ones go, the one who does most of the loving, also does most of the sacrificing.
I am in the midst of Nick Hornby's "A Long Way Down" and though I find it interesting, I have yet to sacrifice a night's sleep in order to find out what happens to the suicidal cast of the book. I can blame my lack of reading on the fact that I don't take the public transportation anymore. But we all know how I doze off whenever my butt lies on one of those plastic seats. I can blame it on the lack of the delicious factor from recent books I've read. But serves me right for picking them up for less than a pound at carboot sales.
Or, I can blame it on my general preoccupation. But somehow, I think that that preoccupation will dissipate in the near future *sigh*.
And then, I'll return my nose properly back in between the sheets of a good book. See if I don't.
p/s: Tapi kan, watching the making of "HP and the OOTP" kinda makes me want to bury my nose in that one all over again tee hee.