Thursday, September 04, 2008 / 12:53 AM
I soo need a new layout

Who can tell me? I am lost.
I just think that I am strong.
What is love, what is love?
I just want it to be love.
ooooh ooh...

- Matt White's "Love" -


This layout of mine, dramatic as it is, has also its own temperament. Time to search for a new one.

Spurred by my cousin's nagging to update, here I am, at 1 am, updating. A lot has been going on since the accident. I was, at that time, actually chest-deep in organizing a pretty major event. Suffice to say that when the curb-banging incident happened, the first thing that ran through my mind was: damn, what am I going to do about the event??

But, alhamdulillah, I managed. I don't really know how, but things kinda fell into place. I had people who were willing to ferry me around, I had, at my disposal, a car that my cousin loaned me for the weekend, and my parents never found out about said accident. Don't you guys go telling them what happened.

The event? Alhamdulillah, went very, very well. Almost a success, if I do say so myself :p There were tiny glitches of course, and certain things didn't look too right in my eyes, but the feedback garnered post-event was very, very encouraging. Twas worth the sweat and tears poured for the past month. Twas worth all the staying up late and rushing around with documents, and embarrassing myself to get things done.

Twas ALL worth it. And boy, it felt good to just sit back after the event and go over everything that happened that night.

Which led me to make probably a premature conclusion, but as I've mentioned before, this is one hell of a year. I think this is one year, yang if I fall, I'd fall really bad, but when I win, I kinda win big. You get me? Well, seems that way anyway. I wonder what else is in store for me in the coming months. The year is drawing to a close, what else can happen?

I went crazy that day and listen to Sheila on 7's "J.A.P." non-stop in the office. For the whole day. I sincerely hope that my bosses were not listening to the lyrics carefully :p

Other than that, do you know what is the downside to being plus-sized in this country? It's just that, being plus-sized. Thrown in petite, and hey, you're on a first-class ride to depression.

Whenever faced with an event, the one where it would seem more appropriate to NOT dress in your favourite baju kebangsaan, I would start tearing out my curls. One by one. You see, there's a lack of understanding between retailers in Malaysia as to why plus-sized, petite people (classic case: me), do not fit into the clothes made for paper-thin girls with no chest whatsoever.

So, accuse me of being frivolous, but whenever I need to purchase something dressy, I turn to the foreigners. Yes, I do splurge on clothes for events, but hey, that is, unfortunately, the price I pay for not wanting to look like the other person who would be standing next to me.

So, here, shamelessly, I've compiled a list of shops that I go to whenever this need arise. Please be reminded that I do not earn a lot, I'm only a lowly government staff with luxurious needs.

1. Marks & Spencer - Not so much for dressy wear, but great for office wear.

2. Principles - Lovely clothes. Even lovelier price tags. But somehow, whenever I walk in, I always manage to find something on discount.

3. Coast - Purchasing something from this shop would be a dream come true. Just waiting for the right occasion and an all-okay sign from my purse.

4. Robinsons - Nice stuff, and in my size too! But my worry is that some labels might be too mainstream and I'd end up wearing something someone else is wearing at the same occasion...eeekss!

5. Tangs - Surprisingly, lovely, lovely clothes! This is gonna be a new haunt for me :)

6. Dorothy Perkins - This is not so much on my list because sometimes their items are not so cute, and sometimes, don't fit very well. But I've gotten some nice pants here, so there may be hope yet.

But for the event that I handled the other day, I managed to grab something from Melinda Looi that seemed to just be hanging, waiting for me. In my size. What are the odds? Considering, that was one of the very few items that she has in UK sizes. I was blessed. My purse, not so.

Ee, dah la tu, banyak pulak cerita.

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com