Sunday, August 10, 2008 / 4:05 AM
That tiny place

So in the meantime
You'll be resting on my mind
For the last time
I will leave myself behind
In the evening
Raise a glass and tell some lies
Make a pass, impress another girl,
She was easy on the eyes

- Josh Kelley's "Almost Honest" -


I have this song on the loop at the moment and whenever I have something melancholic on, I always feel like writing.

Unfortunately, time is really not a luxury that I own these days. Not exactly the most original of excuses, but a reflection of the state of my life recently.

My Life. As I go over the events that happened, and everything else in between, i am reminded of the joys of mini successes, the frustrations at every hiccup, the sadness at losses, the hopeful little prayers that I say to myself for what is to come and the sighs of resignation at all the tiny dreams that was blown away.

Blown away. My little fantasy world is a lovely place that I visit almost everyday. It is my tiny escape, filled with wonderful people and happy moments. Unfortunately, I do tend to rely on it a tad too often and too much. So much so that I try to will things to happen. Which, as we know, is not how fantasies work. When dreams get blown away, I vow to myself never to fall into the trap of believing them. And yet, I still do.

Again, and again...

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com