Monday, February 18, 2008 / 12:25 PM
Tell me why...

But you wash over me
you wash over me like rain
and you wash over me
you wash over me like sunshine

- Lifehouse’s “Wash” –



I met someone from my past last weekend. And suddenly, funny but poignant memories wash over me:

- I remembered how I memorized the entire first verse of the song Ishq from the Hindi movie “ Ishq” just by listening to this person sang it everyday for a week

- I was reminded by the embarrassing fact that I went around uni in my big t-shirt, raspberry shorts and sneakers without socks, thinking what a cool santai look that was *haha!*

- I remembered the afternoon jaunts to KLCC to pretend that we are a part of the Arabic shopping community.

- I laughed hard at the memory of how we used to borrow our friend’s ancient car which needed only our house/room key to get started. And how we couldn’t climb a small hill in a particularly creepy area of town in that car, in the middle of the night, 2 grown *and big girls* shivering as our backseat passengers while my co-driver and I switched seats. And how we got really scared when we found out that the car was not at the parking lot when we wanted to borrow it, not knowing that my friend’s brother’s friends have whisked it away as a prank. I don’t really remember using the car to do anything really significantly important, except to satisfy our itchy feet and tummy for 7-11 fare or Ramly burgers.

- I remembered the orangey lipstick, and the black backpack.

- I remembered the wild rides, and the midnight cheesecake in a Malaccan hotel on Valentine’s Day.

- I remembered how I used to pester certain IT students when they were supposed to be studying hehe.

- I was regaled by the tales of a car chase that happened during the uni’s vicinity that I was unable to partake in.

- I remembered singing Backstreet Boy’s “I Want It That Way” at the top of our lungs as we walked back from eating dinner at the resident warong, our voices amplified under the tunnel.

- I remembered my first lesson on riding a motorbike that happened on the night a person decided to commit suicide by jumping off the 10th floor of the boy’s apartment building. But of course, he chickened out *gilo apo*

*sigh* those were some fun times.

Thanks to those who made it that Saturday afternoon, invited or non-invited, expected and non-expected. You guys made my day :)

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com