On a roll.
Everyday
With every worthless word we get more far away
The distance between us makes it so hard to stay
But nothing lasts forever, but be honest babe
It hurts but it may be the only way
- Maroon 5’s “Nothing Lasts Forever” -
I so do not like people who pangkas or cantas other people’s efforts.
Know what I’m saying?
For example, I am currently doing my bit for the environment. I have bought my own plastic container, and whenever I tapau food from the cafeteria, instead of bringing back plastic bags or styrofoam boxes, I’ll just bring my small container and load it with the food. Dah habis, cuci and simpan. Simple, almost stupid and bangang but I like to think that at least I’m reducing plastic waste. Plus, I don’t drive everyday, and although I would love to, I look at it as my way of reducing traffic, pollution and energy wastage. I am very fortunate that my workplace is served by multiple public transportation, that it would made it almost ridiculous to drive if you’re not in the vicinity of one.
So that’s my wee tiny bit of effort, but I’m a firm believer of Tesco’s tagline “Every little helps”. Sure, I’m not out there saving beached whales or chaining myself to rainforest trees but I think if everyone is a little conscious and makes an effort, it will go a long way.
So, perlu ke you come up to me and tell me that the suds from washing up my plastic container is going to go into the sea and pollute the sea? Do YOU not wash your plates with the same suds?
And, I am currently practicing drinking loads of water which I would top up from the water dispenser. The water tastes FINE to me, and water passes through your system anyway, so you are flushing toxin and prolly some of that water out. Perlu ke you pangkas I and say that the filter is not serviced properly and that there are germs stuck in the filter? Hey, there are germs EVERYWHERE for your information, and if I chose to take my daily germ intake from that water dispenser, at least it goes through my system and I flush it out.
AND at least I am exercising regularly, AND I’m not shy or LAZY enough to take public transportation to anywhere anyway so that I get off my bum and work my fat and germs off!
And, are you even ENCOURAGING me on my quest? I mean, if I am not the one making efforts for myself, who else will? Will there be anyone out there who would help me train my fat ass? Is there anyone out there who would constantly harp on me on an hourly basis, telling me to drink water because it is good for my health?
People will spout righteous things *like I always do anyway, so padan muka* when they are not in that particular position, so I would have to take it with a pinch of salt and pinch myself and tell myself to heed those “noises” and just go on.
I’m not really pissed but I sound like I am kan? I am merely being very patient and since all this is coming from a person that I respect, well, then I would have to respect his/her opinions. But seriously, if you’re just feeling insecure and feeling a tad bit like a failure for not doing so-called righteous things like what I think I’m doing, well, I would very much appreciate it if you could keep it to yourself. I don’t impose my so-called righteous efforts on you, and you are not allowed to make me feel bad or make me doubt my efforts.
On a brighter note, Yoga with Roslin was so much better yesterday! I was able to control my poses and breathing better, and although my pockets and layers of fat still hinders my flexibility and movement, I found that I could allmooooossstttt touch my nose to my knees in that previous position! Wahoo! I feel soo much better now! And we did this one post which consists us twisting our torsos so that we work on our INTESTINES...like, how cool is that yo? I've NEVER worked on my intestines like that before teehee!
Unfortunately, the no oil and sugar thing is gonna be SUPER HARD for me to follow!!!!!!!! Yesterday, I had a portion of stinky tofu, some green vegetables and get this, yummylicious terung and long beans in sambal…all of those cooked with oil la kan. Balik rumah, a bowl of yong taufoo soup and sambal ikan bilis petai was waiting for me.
Why, oh why God????
Thank god I did not have any rice with those. And I ate an hour after yoga (an hour plus actually cuz I was chatting with both Intan and Ikram after yoga and then the long drive home). And I gave the Tupperware containing the yummylicious rice keropok from Bandung a long lustful glance and looked away.
Every little helps, every little helps, every little helps. Breathe, breathe, breathe.
So, I’m going to compromise. I can do the no sugar thing, but I’m going to TRY to go off fried food and major carbs (rice, pasta, eeekkss!!!). And I will stick to my workouts religiously. And if I don’t see any improvements, I will tell myself it is ok, at least I am off my butt and exercising, and eating somewhat healthily.
Then maybe I’ll go to London Weight Management or something.
Kidding.
p/s: Che Sabbs, you and I, we can both do it!!!!! I read about you going off rice too teehee! Update, update on your status tau :)