Thursday, January 17, 2008 / 11:00 AM
The first breath

(Swing) Swing, Swing from the tangles of
My heart is crushed by a former love
Can you help me find a way
To carry on again.

- The All-American Rejects' "Swing, Swing" OST American Wedding -


Damnsit.

So there I was going holier-than-thou with my kononnya healthy breakfast and lunch, plus snacks. I was so proud of myself. Oatmeal, fruits, grilled stuff, plus the gallon of water and more.

Till I got home and faced the beef rendang. Then all resolve to not eat rice just went down the drain.

Arrghhhhh!!!!!

Tsk.

Today is Yoga with Roslin Day. Let’s hope I get through today’s session. I just met up with Dr. Dancer this morning to pick up my prescriptions and to ask for some dieting advice, and she strictly told me to lay off carbs, oil and sugar. That basically rules out FOOD.

Gulps.

Will try my very, very, very best Doc. I really need to do this, so, I gotta, like you said, psyche myself up.

Yeah!

Btw, A.J. Rochester lost her earlier weight pretty easily, I think. That lady ate junk food on a daily basis, plus she consumed alcohol copiously. So, once she lay off those, she was able to shed pounds. From 109 Kg to 99 Kg. Pretty easy right?

But what she did in addition are those daily exercises, starting with the tummy tucks and butt squeezes. And that stairs thingy which requires you to climb up and down the first step of any flights of stairs that you have to climb twenty times. Those little things add up, and for a hefty 109 kg woman who has never been to the gym in the past 8 years, that was a pretty good enough start.

Fyi, she lost a grand total of 45 Kg. That's like, one of my best friend, yo.

Other tips from the good doctor:

1. Fruits are good but not just any type. Papayas and guavas are good. Mangoes, cikus, durians, cempedaks and nangkas are not, because they are sweet. Watermelon is the worst because it's just sugar. Starfruit is apparently the best *which is why it's called the star*. Apparently it has high anti-oxidants.

2. Nuts, sultanas and raisins can be good but in moderation. Nuts to be avoided are cashews because they have high oil content. Almond, pistachio and walnuts are fine. But she recommends 10 of each nuts and raisins per serving.

3. High protein diet is not advisable because it will mess up your kidneys. You won't be able to see the effect immediately because it is a long-term one. It is when you get your blood checked and found your uric acid content high *like what I did* is one way to gauge. The other way, albeit the nasi sudah menjadi bubur way, is when you find that you have gout. Nuff said. She recommends doing it only for a short time, and then revert back to a normal diet but with halved carbs.

4. Dinner should be no later than 7 p.m. (I don't know if this is achievable or not, but again, will try my best. Note to self: Talk to mom!)

5. Meehoon soup also has carbs (and oil). Apparently, the required meehoon portion should only be HALF a chinese rice bowl. Gulps.

6. No red meats, more white meats. More fish and soy products like tofu.

Hence, no carbs, oil and sugar. Twice weekly Jazzercise and Yoga sessions. Lotsa prayers and water in between. I really, really need to discipline myself, motivate myself and push myself this time.

Boleh ke nie? Adakah blog ini akan menjadi satu weight-losing blog???

Kita tunggu dan lihat.

p/s: How in the world could I have ever liked Darren Hayes???

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com