Monday, January 14, 2008 / 11:05 AM
Bent on becoming a pretzel.

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
and each road leads you where you wanna go,
and if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
if it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile.
But more than anything, more than anything...

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

- Rascal Flatts’ “My Wish” –


Corny, but that is my wish for everyone in 2008. How convenient that they’ve turned it into a song, haha!

Btw, here’s a tip: You should only eat AFTER an hour of exercising. This is so that your body will burn your existing body fat first before it starts burning the fat that you would ingest in a meal after the exercise session.

My, aren’t we the positive one.

Since I’ve run out of new things to try out this New Year (due to lack of sufficient funds and mobility) I’ve decided to give yoga @ Studio W a try. I know, I know, it seems so clichéd and so trendy to be doing it at the moment, but once you’re deep into the routine, you’d be thinking, “why the heck am I doing this??!!” or better yet, “help, I want to goo hoommeeee!!!!”. You can’t even SPELL trendy after a session.

My first session was with the uber skinny Roslin. She had this soothing and melodious voice which tends to disappear into thin air once my eyes started watering from holding a long balancing pose. During my first session, I had so much sweat dripping from every possible nook and cranny onto the yoga mat that I’m constantly mentally apologizing to Intan for deflowering her yoga mats and mentally calculating the cost of buying my own (so that I won’t leave yucky mats back for other users!). After the first session, my ENTIRE body aches, I suddenly sport blue veins running snakily up my upper arms (those I’ve never seen before) and my arms involuntarily twitches at any mention of yoga or balance.

The second session with Sam went better. Unfortunately, I was seated next to this slim and extremely flexible girl who could do all the poses so effortlessly while I huff and puff my way through. Mind you, that was only the sun salutations which were used to warm our bodies up! Not very encouraging, I must say. About 15 minutes into the routine, I was back to thinking, “why the heck am I doing this??!!” or better yet, “help, I want to goo hoommeeee!!!!”. But I stuck through it, and even though I was the only one in class who had to do the poses a little differently due to the pockets of fat I have everywhere on my body, I still find myself trying out the poses after the class (which in my books means I’m hooked!). There was one pose thought that had me stumped, and it involves stretching your legs high above your head with no support. Yeah right, next week please! Ooh, and one of the best yet most painful part was when we were in a sitting position with our legs straight out in front of us, and Sam wanted us to try and touch our noses to our knees (again, yeah right!). So, there I was hovering in the air (as that’s as FAR as I could go, my pot belly just wouldn’t yield!) and counting down from 8, when suddenly at 3 I felt something heavy on my back, pushing my nose to my knees! Sam had casually leaned on me, all of her 40kg frame on my back!

Can I say ouch??!


But amazingly enough, I held on, despite squealing in pain, haha! Sam mentioned that if we end our yoga session with a sitting pose, we tend to sleep better at night. Yup, she got that right. But that was prolly also due to my overzealous (read: kiasu) efforts in trying to cram in as many workouts as my body can tahan, as before that excruciating yoga session, I was bouncing away for Jazzercise :p

Like I said, no one can push me better than Intan.

On another note, I’m super duper ecstatic because one of my best girlfriends is back in town!! Whoopedeedooo!!!! Nonzies has been away for more than a year, and in that course of time, she has gotten married, gave birth to the cutest little tyke I’ve ever seen (discounting my gorgeous nephews and nieces of course!), and, she’s now a qualified teacher. Seeing as her hubby is working in KL, she has managed to wrangle a teaching spot back in this wondrous state *can u tell I’m half delirious here?* So now, she’s only about 30-45 mins away..yay!!!

Last weekend, the other girlfriends and I made our way to her new place for lunch and a much awaited gossip session. We had some KFC, some home-cooked food and a dozen Big Apple donuts. After a messy lunch session with the antics of little Adeel amusing us, we just hung out in her living room, tonyoh-tonyoh her son’s cheeks and chatted. It’s been a long while since we did that, and ever since she moved back, our outings have always been incomplete and when we all DO meet up, it’s always in some overpriced place with little privacy. So, last Saturday was the first time in years that we could just let our hair down and hang. Just like we used to do back in those uni years.

I miss you girls.

On a much sober note, I do hope that little Sharlinie will be found soon. My heart goes out to her parents and family and I pray that we may never have to go through the pain, agony and anguish faced by them, ever.

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com