Thursday, April 05, 2007 / 10:08 AM

Ok, enough with the perasan entry already

'Cause I'm the one that loves you lately.
You and me, we got this great thing.
We're the only one's that around,
We're the only one's that around that belong.

- Daniel Powter’s “Love You Lately”

Thanks dearies...Those comments meant a lot….and Ninie, it took me approximately 24 years to get the hair correct, and the only but kinda necessary advice that I can give you is this:

If you’ve got curly hair like mine, don’t comb or brush it. Finger comb it instead. While it’s wet, put on your styling watchamacallit; mousse ke, serum ke, styling crème ke…then let it air dry. Or dry it with a diffuser *don’t ask me how, cuz my diffuser is still in the drawer collecting dust..can anyone help me with this?* Curly hair, I think by nature, is supposed to mengembang, what more in humid Malaysian weather, so I guess we’ve all got to have a bit of Diana Ross in us hehe…Better yet, talk to your stylist, maybe she’s got better tips. And actually, if your google up stuff about taking care of curly hair, you’ll prolly find the same tips.

So last Saturday, there was this reunion of my batch of girls from school. I nearly didn’t go, cuz I was pretty sure I kept in touch with those I wanted to see anyways. But “Shereen” called me up and pleaded me to go, well, how can I say no? I arrived kinda late, because the Curve has this policy of making the cars do rounds underground while valiantly but at the same time, unsuccessfully look for a parking space. Which is why I hate malls during the weekends.

It was nice. True enough, those that I wanted to see, I memang see pun on a regular basis (Raya, weddings, Christmas, outings etc.) But it was amazing to see how some of them turned out. Let’s just say, there was a group of them that my friends dubbed as “Marie France Bodyline” girls *raise left eyebrow*.Then, there’s the outfits. Most of us turned up looking comfortable, but of course, after 10 years, who would wanna look the same as she was back in school, right? I mean, ok laa, I admit, I tried, but I think some of them tried a little too hard, know what I’m saying? I mean, err, gee, I’m mean, white top, white jeans and white cowboy boots?? I’m sorry, and I didn’t get to see who that person was, and I apologize for this expose, but girl, that’s so not on! *snaps fingers twice*

My dinner at Marche remain untouched, although right now I’m craving for that rosti and that big juicy sausage, due to the intense gossip session with the usual posse. And some get-to-know-you again session with the rest. And some potential match-making was also going on there *raise right eyebrow pulak*. We swapped name cards, although, who knows when we’ll all be able to gather again. I’m itching tho to organize something if everyone’s interested. Something not so huge, not at a big hotel with show and lights and stuff. But something…nice. And fun. Think I’ll have to talk to a certain event manager cousin of mine.

To cap the evening, my friends and I hung out at the Sanctuary above Laundry where we saw a lesbian couple make out. *sigh* That does bring back some school memories haha.

On Sunday, I finally got to see the famous Afreen Natasha, whom I’m gonna call Tash or Tosh for short. She’s adorable. Totally. And, unlike her mom, she doesn’t bawl or whine as much. Must have taken after her papa hehe.

My mom celebrated her 57th birthday yesterday with a birthday dinner at Amarin. Which was lovely. I’m thinking, how many more years do I have left with this lovely mother of mine. I know I wish you all the happiness yesterday, but what I really wanted to say, can best be said by Kelly Osbourne upon chatting on the phone with her cancer-stricken mom:

I wuve you mommy.

Oh, and I watched the final episode of Season 2 *or was it 3* of Grey’s Anatomy, and it was sooo sadddd! *I know I must be, like, the last person on Earth to watch this, like the dork I am haha* Then I watched the recap last night, and I thought that Katherine Heigl was brilliant because she made it all soo….heartbreaking. So heartbreaking.

I’m gonna do an Idlan and put up a youtubie of it here.

Please tell me your throat constricts and your eyes welled up as well towards the end.

Oh, and since I spent all this time typing, let’s slip in something else: That dude? Claimed he was on a course last week. And I think we’re meeting up for coffee today. So, we’ll see how this short saga ends k?


|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com