Friday, April 06, 2007 / 10:59 PM

The first stretch

And when she says she wants somebody else
I hope you know she doesn’t mean you
And when she breaks down and makes a sound
You never hear her the way that I do
And when she says she wants someone to love
I hope you know she doesn’t mean you
And when she breaks down and lets you down
I hope you know she doesn’t mean you, yeah
No, no

- Howie Day’s “She Says” –

Sometimes I think my life is interesting enough to compensate for, well, for whatever I think is lacking at the moment. Sometimes I think, things happened just so that I can pen them down and make myself sound interesting or funny in a clumsy way.

Like how my pareo decided to plunge dive during a visit to a relative’s place *thank God for long kebaya tops!*

I mean, I always felt like it just had to happen to me, you know?

Like, no one else had these kinda escapades.

Or what about the time I went out on a date, and found out the dude has a girlfriend? Which was yesterday btw, yo. Guess it’s not even a date then huh?

Tired la.

I think, God, in His own way, has lined up a long list of challenges for me, because thus far, I’ve had a pretty easy and happy life. And like everyone else, I’m supposed to go through each and every one of these challenges, spreading myself thin, stretching myself to the furthest point.

And then, there’s going to be the ultimate challenge where I’ll have to decide whether to stretch myself further or pull out.

And I will stretch beyond that point.

And that’s when everything is going to fall into place.


|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com