How you guys doin?
Far away
This ship has taken me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die
- Muse's "Starlight"-
It has been a long, long while. Long enough for me to take a break from "work", and risk having this blog discovered by fellow colleagues, cuz i'm typing this out on the office laptop which I have been lugging back and forth to work due to my beloved office's pc failure. The only great thing out of this is that, I no longer feel obligated to stay back at work, as I am now able to BRING back my work home with me, and do it in front of the TV!!! Ah, what bliss! Actually, that is prolly how I best function. Staying back late at the office does have its perks, like being able to back out from the parking lot without worrying that you'll hit the other cars parked so closely behind you, or clearer traffic, or the freedom to play up the music, watch Jude Law clips and play Spider Solitaire in between breaks at my desk *altho', that just prolongs your time in the office a little bit more*. But, lately, I find that if I were to go back home early, say around 6.30p.m., I'll be able to have dinner with the family, take a nice shower, and plonk myself in front of the telly, all fresh to take on whatever it is i bring back home with.
What have I been up to? Well, loads, but nothing particularly significant. Well, the most significant one is prolly that I am able to introduce myself and tell a little something about my family in French.Which I am soo currently enjoying at the moment, although it's very very basic. My teacher is this petite lady who is so patient with us, and I have great classmates, the kind who lets you copy off their notes and whispers answers at you when you're stumped for one.
The YKLS thingy? Well, since it would have clashed with my French class, I decided to forgo it. Plus, on the day of the audition, I was too busy ogling my friend's new baby, and celebrating a departure of a friend to Japan. I was, however, involved *as I usually find myself to be* in the annual talent show for this place I work in. That was an experience, and juggling with being the secretariat for an important function at the same time, while being horrendously sick and all mucous-y did not help.
My best Totz gave birth to a baby girl :) of which I have yet to visit, cuz I am still recovering from this dreadful flu-cough thing i had. It actually gave me a scare last week when my handsome Pakistani doctor told me to get a blood test to confirmed no nasty Aedes mossies have infiltrated my blood streams. Thank god, the result was negative, but I'm still walking around feeling as if I've just got off a long boat ride, so I think it'll be a while before i resume my normal life.
Which includes Jazzercise. I was actually requested to train to become an Instructor...CAN U BELIEVE IT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!! and well, after a few training hours, I find that I'm not able to muster enough motivation to stick with it, so I'm gonna have to throw the towel in. I am no instructor material, I'm more of the whiny participant who refuses to get up after one abs routine hehe.
Ooh, did i mention I went to Bandung with a bunch of whacked out girls? It turned out to be a great girly trip, what with the massive shopping, harassing cabbies, and rushing all over the tiny town. We managed to wipe out the contents of our purses, lugging home enough loot for all and sundry, and filled our handluggages with rows upon rows of Teh Botol hehe. Made friends with a towkay kedai kain who kept piling us with more and more kain, hurt our backs with carrying wedding invites that was made during our stay, had a luxurious spa treatment at Rogers *go there!*, bellyful of food, and cameraful of memories.
On the nuptial side *not mine*, met up with the charismatic Captain SN. Agreed to be a bridesmaid to my cousin *all the while mindful of "twice a bridesmaid, never a shussssshhhh"*, and 2 non-malay weddings to look forward to this year, which necessitates shopping for new outfits..yahoo! Oh, and lest my a friend accuses me of being kedekut kawan, let it be said that altho i don't seem to set high standards for myself *ahem* i happen to think very highly of my friends, and do not think that anyone I know would match them very well. Which is why, SshBoy, the idea of organizing a bbq to let my single friends mingle to kononnya hook up with you, while sounding highly ideal, is not something I think they might fall for. Err, unless they might. If they do can THEY email me personally so I can at least think about this idea seriously? But can I help it if my available guy friends are urrmm...not so delectable?
Hari-hari saya bermula dengan membaca semua email, menghabiskan satu round Spider Solitaire yang mana saya menang, dan melengkapkan crossword USA Today.
And then I think, what next?
Oh yeah.
Work.
p/s: I don't know if i'll be able to blog at work anymore, so expect more sporadic posts from now on. IF you're expecting anything.