Thursday, November 30, 2006 / 9:01 AM
Letdown

You say,
I should do it differently.
I don't,
Necessarily agree.
Stand up!
Sit down!
Be nice!
Did ya hear me ask for your advice?

- Kelly Osbourse's "Shut Up" -

I think i just have to get this down.

How Not To Be a Leader.

1. First, and therefore, most foremost, never, NEVER, never, reprimand your sub-ordinate in front of his or her underlings. It's just disrespectful, shows your incompetence at understanding the subject matter, and shows that, heck, you actually don't really care about what's going on. Plus, may I also say it makes you look stupid? Just like what you call us.

2. Solutions despite scoldings. I can take scoldings if there's a solution in the picture. You do NOT just scold blindly and not provide solutions or advice. That just makes you a stupid leader. Honestly. I don't care how many stupids or dumbs I'm going to throw you today.

3. Listen to what you actually say sometimes. You'll find that its either crap, bullshit, or some great advice that you fail to take yourself.

4. Instead of pushing responsibilities to others, why don't you try to face the hurdles yourself? Again, that makes you incompetent, and irresponsible to the team you're heading. And, not to mention just plain dumb. Because, even the staff who's job is delivering letters could see that you're avoiding your duties. It's pretty obvious when you claim you're on sick leave, and yet turn up at the office, but refuse to go to meetings. It will actually make you understand what's going on, y'know going to these management meetings, instead of shooting in the dark and giving out kononnya great advice and reprimands in an even kononnya great English to us lowly beings.

5. Last, but not least. Our English level is not VERY BAD as how you carelessly mentioned. I was greatly insulted, and I bet, so were some of us. Some of us here have great command of the language, and I do know that although some of them don't speak the language on a daily basis, they are able to make themselves understand and be understood. Maybe, you should take a walk once in a while, and talk to them then you'll know. But of course, you never do.

We are only as great as how our leaders make us out to be. And you, are doing a great job at letting all our efforts go to waste.

I miss an ex-boss I used to have. His idea of being a boss is to bring in new ideas and trying to make us all see the bigger picture. He would not concentrate on tiny details, prefering to let his sub-ordinates handle them, because as it is, these subordinates are the ones in frequent interactions with us staff. Plus, he was generous, courteous, and I like how he always makes a point to come to any of our internal events if invited, even if only to stop for a cup of coffee. Berbudi bahasa. Bigger plus, whenever he comes to work on Saturdays right up till 5 p.m. plus.

Oh, and btw, the way you ungkit about the lunches you paid for whenever we come for overtime work on Saturdays? That's just plain crude, man. That's so not on.

Oh, and the way you scheduled a meeting right before you leave for a long vacation to reprimand us on whatever we're doing? Just plain pengecut trait. Best of all, when you leave out an issue, and mention it later in an email? Plain dumb.

I so do not like my current boss, can't you tell? Up to the point of pouring my heart out here, which of course, is detrimental to my position.

And to think that I used to say nice things about you despite what other people say. Tsk. I'm only human after all, you cross me the wrong way, you get la whatever treatment I choose to give you.

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com