The Return Of
Benar dikau kucinta
Setiap detik kupuja
Kau sering perhatiku
Sambil belai rambutmu
Tak ingin aku lupa
Kenangan yang tercipta
Berikan aku diari kutulis setiap hari
- Pretty Ugly’s "Diari Seorang Lelaki" -
When i’m into a song, I tend to have this annoying habit of repeating it over and over again, until I get so muak of that song. This happened with that Ungu Violet song, those Dewa songs, those songs from Salon and currently i’m listening to Pretty Ugly’s "Diari Seorang Lelaki", courtesy of the Ownz! Thanks Ownzies! :) Its turning out to be a happy start this morning.
Anyway, last Saturday saw the return of.....Dalie the Klutzoid! *thunderous applause*
Oh, btw, I was reminded, again, just yesterday, of how small the world really is. Imagine your name being spoken of by complete strangers in a different country...spooky! Or, perhaps I could just silencekan my name on this blog, but since almost everyone reading it is my known friend, so I won’t really bother. I think it would not bother me as much if i’m not aware that you, you and you out there are reading/ have read my blog and kept silent about it, even though we converse on a daily basis. What you don’t know won’t hurt you kan?
Back to the Klutzoid I was/am/forever will be. Last Saturday was the birthday celebration of a friend’s one year old son. Do you know how hard it is to shop for a year old boy, with a limited budget?? Ok laa, so I went to a tiny departmental store, and conveniently forgot that within vicinity is a Toys R Us *chop, how do u write the R terbalik aa?*. Aaanyway, everything in that tiny sParksons is either educational *boooringg*, or pink *not applicable* or pretty expensive *Fisher Price toys*. I finally managed to find a tiny golf set in eMPH *imagine, in eMPH. I’m a sucker for those kind of toys. You know, the tiny shopping trolleys, tiny beach toys, tiny stove...those things that makes a kid imitate a grown up. I still remember how my niece practised walking by pushing a tiny shopping cart *Aunty misses you, Anisah Lalala!!! Mwahh,mwahh!*
There I go digressing. So I went la to my friend’s place, had yummy-yummy brunch amongst young parents..with young kids..running around. Gee, I wonder where is that ticking noise coming from? But kata klutz kan, and presently I found myself with a tiny spot of sambal on my top...eeks!!!! So nye, I rushed off to the nearest toilet *btw, we were by the pool, so there’s a toilet cum changing room nearby*. There was no mirror, and I went on dabbing the spot with water. Of course, that resulted in a huge water stain on my chest. So unflattering and passe, honey. But the stain was almost gone then, thank god.
However, I wasn’t quite satisfied *and I don’t know what has made me more anal lately, dulu I couldn’t care less walking around with mud stains on the knees of my jeans!*, so I dabbed the wet spot with a paper napkin that I managed to grab before going to the toilet.
The paper napkin was red.
I didn’t know how that fact managed to slip my mind, but next thing I know, I found a HUGE, WET, RED with a capital MERAH spot on my chest *Like it needs any definitionla kan* I remembered suppressing a shriek of horror and jumped up and down for about 3 minutes. Plus, there was no sabun in the toilet for me to wash off the stain.How was I going to go back to the party??
Somehow I managed to catch my friend *birthday boy’s mom* and she nearly shrieked, and told me to quickly, quickly go up to her apartment. Thank heavens for that. So I managed to clean up a bit, till the spot became a barely visible pink smear on my top. It does not help that I was wearing a blue and white transparent kurta. Uggh...what a morning. And I had to leave a plate of yummy herbal nasi lemak and satay during that ordeal.
It just had to happen to me la. I’m a magnet for attracting disaster apparently. Nie yang kena mandi bunga nie, hehehe.
But my good fortune turned up early this week, as I was able to clinch some sales. Bunyi mcm big deals je, padahal jual kain, hahaha. Of course i’m gonna promote myself un-self-consciously here. To anyone reading this, I am currently helping a friend sell some batiks. They are super duper gorgeous, very exclusive *as i’ve not found any pieces that are identical*, and judging by the quality, quite reasonably priced. Plus, you can pay in installments *big grin*. So, those who are interested, or forced to wear them twice a month like I am, are welcomed to get in touch with me, and i’ll hold a viewing party at your convenience. Or I can take you to my friend’s place for more selection.
Unfortunately, due to my random stupidity, I managed to blow a huge portion of my paycheck on something else, so yeah, i’m officially broke for the rest of the year.
*sigh*
C’est La Vie.