Thursday, August 17, 2006 / 9:03 AM
Oh, for the want of an empty karaoke room..

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar
Across a crowded floor, they worked from 8 till 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

- Barry Manilow’s "Copacabana" -

I’m friggin, friggin sleepy..

and for some reason, I have the song "Copacabana" running through my head...and whenever I think of this song, I’ll automatically think of the scene in "Friends" where Rachel sang it at her ex-husband’s wedding...and I’ll remember how as kids, my siblings and I weren’t allowed to watch that much TV, so what we do is we’d tape the show, which came on like every Thursay night at 10.30 or something like that..and every day, coming back from school, we’d have lunch in front of the TV, rewinding the tapes over and over again, balancing our plates of rice on our crossed legs.

Such were those days. I think the reason why I still remember some of the dialogues were because of those afternoons spent watching all those episodes....

I can barely open my eyes this morning. Last night was the farewell dinner of a certain management person and that dragged on till midnight, what with the auld lang syne and waiting to shake people’s hands and so on. I love the company I was with last night, as we were quite loud, and unashamedly enjoyed ourselves among the crowd of senior staff who are prolly bored out of their minds. Food could have been better tho.

Oh, and did I mention I’ve added a new activity to my life? Line Dancing *shut up!*. And before you get images of cowboys and cowgirls do-si-do-ing, or worst, a bunch of old ladies in tight kebayas dancing to old, poppish Jawa songs, let it be known that my instructor is this cool lady who was featured in a few magazines, talking about how line dancing is beneficial for your health. And, we do really cool steps and the songs are catchy, that you can’t resist shaking your booty even before she starts teaching hehe. Its funky enough for the younger people, and fun enough for everyone. And amazingly, these kind of activities actually gets you concentrating so hard *on the steps* that you tend to forget all your problems, or your to-do list...it’s such a relief! Everything else jut floats away, and what’s left are thoughts on how to pivot quickly, shimmy shake properly, and ball-change with grace. I don’t have that much grace *one of my senior bosses just does all the steps so gracefully and with such style that I tend to just stand behind her, trying to imitate her :p*, but the enthusiasm is definitely there! Haha! So, my Monday evenings are spent bopping around with a bunch of ladies, which is good cuz I was looking for another cardio-ish activity to do other than Jazzercise. And since our car has been taken away to be repaired, I haven’t been going for Jazzercise for lack of transport, which is quite a bummer. Le derriere feels a little bit bigger than usual, hmmm....

My kain sales are doing quite well, alhamdulillah. I never knew I could get such satisfaction from selling, even though i’m only helping a friend. I suppose it helps that those gorgeous kains speak for themselves, whenever I drape them, so I’d have all these ladies, gushing over them. I knew that leaving my previous company could have some hikmah because I never felt very comfortable promoting their products *sigh*. Now, I know, I could never be one those people who could just sell anything for the sake of selling, I have to BELIEVE in the product, hehe. Oh well, at least my conscience is clear, plus i’m getting over my shyness of approaching senior people *it helps tho that everyone’s been so nice* and I’m getting to know more people here. Unfortunately, I’ve developed this peculiar habit of staring at my sales sheets at all times, just looking at the figures, haha!

Okie dokes, today is kerja day, files are a-coming, and a gentleman in Johor is already awaiting my call..so toodles!

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com