Thursday, August 03, 2006 / 9:57 AM

By Jove, I will say what I want!

These are the days that I've been missing

Give me the taste give me the joy of summer wine

These are the days that bring new meaning

I feel the stillness of the sun and I feel fine

Sometimes when the nights are closing early

I remember you and I start to smile

Even though now you don't want to know me

I get on by, and I go the extra mile

- Jamie Cullum's "These Are The Days" -

I think I have gotten rather attached to this place. Surprising as it is, for I never thought I could ever be attached to a place any longer than for a year. And yet, it has been slightly over a year, and I have not been counting the months, so I gathered, maybe, just maybe, this is IT.


Then, came the phonecall about a month ago. The agonizing half day I spent in that room. The sense of bewilderedness I felt that morning, as I had my breakfast, with KL morning air and traffic noises surrounding me. But of course, being me, I would amount it all to nothing, and subsequently went on doing what I do to survive daily.


And yet, the second call came a few days ago. Again, its nothing to get all excited about. However, it has put several things into my perspective. And, no matter how much I want to defer it till the inevitable happens (big IF it happens), I am forced to face the possibilities: This would be, if successful, the job to end all jobs.

***

I’ve had glorious fun for the past 2 weeks plus. Glorious, glorious fun, and looking back, I wouldn’t have it any other way. And nay, I shall not be ashamed by that fact. I think it all boiled down to working hard and playing hard. And I deserved to enjoy every bit of it.


The first trip up to Colmar was lovely, very, very insightful and fulfilling. Shouldering the responsibilities of preparing reports amidst heated verbal discussions is not a bed of roses, that I can tell you. But being a part of the whole process gives such satisfaction at knowing that your present work, and what the organization’s goals amounts to something. I had such fun with the rest of the crew, clacketing on our laptops, trying to be alert and catching what everyone else is saying, preparing the reports, double checking everything, staying up past late and rushing those reports to be amended, and finally hearing them being presented. Of course, listening to those reports be slightly butchered did tweaked our hearts a bit, but I’ve learned that that’s the best way to keep our heads up and to anticipate what’s needed and to be more focused.


chop, I sound like a pretentious prick...


best gilerrrr siott! It was so memenatkan, and I didn’t sleep properly for a week, but its all worth it. However, we’ve still got to finalise the reports for the big Mgmt meeting mid month, but I think with this team, we can basically accomplish loads. Walaupun with constant bickering among ourselves. Well, which could also be offset with constant gossipping hehehe.


The resort was beautiful, rooms mediocre but with a certain rustic charm, food could SO be improved, and service? Ditto. The final night dinner was hmm..interesting, not to mention, again Fun! This is where the other sides of the management were revealed, along with their creativity and ultimate "sportingness". And who would have thought our show which was crafted late the previous night, consisting of a bunch of old men prancing around with fans, and a jumbled up Hindi and Arab dance, and the kitschy M. Daud Kilau joget fest could fetch first prize?? yeah baby! And the sweet moment when the OD passed me his prize instead..oh swoon! Oh, and let’s not forget the action on the dance floor *winks* hmm, ada possibility ke nak pergi B*st*n or Os*k* in times to come? hahaha, wishful thinking! but twas good, CLEAN, old-fashioned *trust me* ...fun!


The week after that saw me climbing that stretch of highway again, but with a different crowd this time. Oh, this was also fun. And eye-opening. The accomodations this time was tops! Lovely rooms, and beds. One night, and it almost wiped away the fatigue of the previous week. Food were interesting and adequate. View: simply lovely. Course: went well, although at one time, I felt like strangling one of the speakers because he sounded so pretentious aka perasan bagus. Hey, we’re not ALL like that ok. Especially not us young ones. The older ones maybe, but even then the ones that I come in contact with everyday is barely THAT. The activities: Tops!!!!! Right from the ball balancing thingy to the treasure hunt! My groupmates: Right from the overenthusiastic ones to the heavily pregnant ones, they were great and will for some time leave memorable thoughts for me to giggle over. The BBQ dinner and show: Gelak macam nak mati, and all of them were super duper creative. Face towels for sumo outfit?? plastic straws for Thai fingernails? paper fans?? newspaper elephants?? hilarious!! And apparently, karaoke is inevitable. So we adjourned to a tiny karaoke lounge to sing our hearts out, only to be told that they’re closing early. Cheh. But the whole gang was the best. And that left some kind of hope, for me, I think, in actually surviving here with them. Hmm, not to mention one Tiger leader, ngeh ngeh ngeh.


Ah well...it was all good, clean, fun. Something I sorely need, but unfortunately, something i’m spoilt with, cuz now i’m just bored. Work is ever piling up, and what’s with the change of a certain management person, i’ve to be kept on my toes at all times. Yikes.


Right, deal with it.


As of now, i’ve gotta clear more stuff, and sharpen my internal vocabulary for a lunchtime scrabble duel. I’ve a feeling my opponents are doing the same.


|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com