Prayers.
Datin Seri Endon, the wife of our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, passed away this morning peacefully at about 7.55 am. Al-Fatihah to the late Datin Seri and may her soul rest in peace. Amin.
I received a phone call from an ex-colleague yesterday, demanding that i go back to to my previous-previous job in the merchant bank. My initial reaction was naturally, WHAT????!!!!!! while in my heart i was screaming, not a chance! but i listened as she told me what is happening *the person who replaced me left* to which i replied : Tulaa, korang nie garang sangat! hehehe..which she of course, denied :p there are a few openings actually, and apparently, my ex-boss wanted to know if i'm interested as i was familiar with the work. Which is precisely the reason why I would politely decline the offer. I know that the pay would be substantial, because apparently, they are quite generous with ex-staff who comes back to them, and i know that my colleagues would fight for me just for the heck of it. I know what my life would be like if i were to go back there, and honestly, just thinking of backpedalling to the future, is enough to make me hyperventilate. No offense, I adored them, the job was challenging come to think of it, and the perks, well, really, really nice. But it would mean, not exactly progressing, wouldn't it? Its going back to the same old routine, albeit further into the city, the same old faces, the same old processes, and the same old work. So, despite them giving me 24 hours to decide, come noon, should i receive the call from my darling Dani, my answer would still remain. I know that I sometimes regard this place i call my current office, as something I want to be rid off, but i know that there's something or more than something here that's worth more than what they can offer me there. Insya-Allah, Amin.
I receive a surprise of an email from the new best friend, and a paragraph of it, shocked me so, that my heart was racing. I know where her stand is in this matter, i know where i stand in this situation, but a palm does not maketh the clapping sound. So, despite dearie, what you want, and what i am wishfully hoping for, the direction of this matter, in my opinion, still solely lies in his hands. I am truly, truly, truly grateful that you have accepted me, warts, fat cells and all, and i know that you'll be happy for me if things were to turn out as how i wish it would. Thank you, thank you, thank you. What's left to do now is to just pray for the best and to flow along. Oh yes, i am still floating along, despite the false alarms of drowning. I'm just hoping that this river i'm flowing with goes in the right direction. Amin.
Darlingest of darlings Sri Amanians, i'll be meeting up with Dr Rey and Su-Li at La Bodega Bangsar tonight, so u guys are soooo the very welcomed to join us :) please, please do, it would mean a lot to me. Just get in touch with me asap so i can book them places k...mwwahhss!