Cinnamon sticks makes me happy
I don't want to be anything other than what I've been tryin to be lately
All I have to do is think of me and I've peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms wondering what I gotta do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me
- Gavin Degraw's "I don't wanna be" OST One Tree Hill -
I have a few thousand files on my table, and the only things that I can think of is:
Why do I fear the competition?
Why don’t I have the confidence and right amount of self esteem?
Why is it when I fall for something, I fall really hard, hurting myself in the progress? And why is it that I put everything else on such a high pedestal that I can’t even dream to achieve any of it?
Taken from an episode of “One Tree Hill”:
HALEY: I’m a real person. I have feelings, I have problems, I feel
vulnerable, and self-conscious and I’m just like every other person.
NATHAN: I know that.
HALEY: Well what happened to sex just being magical, and being this
amazing expression of how much you love someone? These cyber girls,
they’re just like triple jointed and waxed, and always turned on, and it’s just a
lie.
NATHAN: I understand that. It’s just a fantasy.
HALEY: Is Peyton a fantasy, too? (He closes the lap top. Haley nods and
starts to leave)
NATHAN: You know, it’d be nice if a guy could have a little privacy in his
own apartment.
HALEY: I can’t be Peyton for you. I can’t be those girls. I just, I won’t.
NATHAN: I don’t want you to be.
HALEY: Are you sure about that? Because - (She takes his hand and kisses it)
I gave you my heart. That’s all that I can give to you. And if that’s not
enough for you, then I’m not enough for you. (She leaves)
And that’s all that I can give…