Thursday, June 16, 2005 / 1:11 PM
ouch

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

- Howie Day's "Collide" -

I am seriously losing my stamina. I just came back from a 2-hour walkabout in an Oil and Gas Exhibition in the new KL Convention Centre, and I'm already pooped. Not to mention the fact that these days, as soon as my butt hits the seats on the Komuter, I doze off. Like a baby.

yeesh.

Anyway, if anyone saw a young lady wearing a red baju kurung with a huge red flower in her hair walking around with glazed eyes and 2-shopping bags full of brochures, trying to look interested at the exhibition, chances are, that's me :) Since I work for this regulatory agency, we are also required to visit these exhibitions. So off I went, with the P & the D of the division. Their mission: scout cute chicks. Mine: scout yummy Engineers.

Did they succeeded? In scouting, like totally. Have you seen the ladies there? No offence to other lady chemical engineers and the likes, but these ladies are equivalent to the umbrella ladies of the F1 races. Yes, right down to their skimpy skirts. I kid you not. One company, which shall remain nameless as I've already forgotten what their name was, had very, very attractive ladies in matching tight black dresses distributing brochures and giving explainations. Another company, had 2 F1 beauties with pastel coloured attire which, in my opinion, would not look alien in a Hello Kitty merchandise store.

Needless to say, you see older men gravitating towards these booths, grinning and hanging around. Surprising that is, for an industry that's quite mature to employ such immature tactics. But, to each his own, I guess.

On the other hand, my eyes started unfocusing themselves automatically after looking at the first few pumps, valves and pictures of oil platforms. TOwards the end, I find myself scanning the company names for well-known ones, and one that might have potential employment opportunites (whoops, did that come out? :p) My quest turned into "eh, let's get that cotton cloth bag I saw that man carrying", which the P and the D seemed happy to comply with..aww, such sweeties. Then again, none of us had any oil and gas background, so we barely understood what we saw. Kudos however to the GE guy who explained this ..thingy.. that's used to detect corrosive gasses in pipes, even though, we, clearly, barely knew what he was talking about.

Result: I now have sore feet and I am seriously considering putting them up and taking the afternoon off to have a leisurely nap. Which btw, is another haha fantasy. Reality check: I have mountains (well, hills) of files on my table to go through and process, and I have a session this evening which I predict will turn me into a quivering mess of gloop ( I don't even make sense here).

Here's to a lovely afternoon :)


Added on 1/2 hour later:

- I have the best "persidangan" buddies ever!!! Despite my constant complains, I have lovely, lovely people to share the day with. So you, you, you..I like!! Let's have more persidangans later..this time, with food, oh glorious food pulak! ;)It's a lovely afternoon so far :)

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com