Ku ingin terbang....
Hey mom! Why didn't you tell me?
Why didn't you teach me a thing or two?
Did you just let me go out, into the world?
You never thought to share what you knew.
So I walked under a bus, I got hit by a train.
Keep falling in love, which is kinda the same.
I've sunk out at sea, crashed my car, gone insane.
And it felt so good, I wanna do it again.
- Bachelor Girl's "Busses and Trains -
I heard rumours that the matta flights is only available for trips before 21st June!!
ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
And I was so set on going on that girly/womanly road trip in Europe come July…
I. Am. So. Pissed…..i hope the rumours are not true tho, but if they are..then I have to plan for another trip! *rubs hands in glee*
Now, in a perfect-world scenario, I have endless holidays, huge paycheck, friends in all over the world (for me to tumpang), really fun travel mates and I have super-duper sporting parents, who would let me leave the house, blowing kisses and all…
Unfortunately, I don’t….*sigh*…
In reality, I don’t have much holidays (I’m on the verge of accepting an offer that provides 2 days off in one month..only!!!), I have smaller-than-ideal paycheck, I only have friends in certain parts of the world (not in Venice, Morocco or Vienna..3 places I REALLY want to jejak kaki in), my travel mates (existing or prospective) are either too busy getting married, engaged, or saving up for a wedding, or just plain broke, and I have parents who are most likely to pancung my head should I tell them I’ll be sleeping on strange beds in Casablanca….
So, what are my options? Well, I do have friends in Australia who prolly owes me a favour or two *evil chuckle*, I can save up for a trip to Morocco with the cousin (who just got a job, Alhamdulillah and congrats dearie!!!), because apparently its VERRYYY expensive, and there’s no direct flight from Malaysia..i think….or, I can sibuk2 with my mom and aunts on their trip to Jakarta next month (hehehe, and tumpang shopping skali)!
Hmm, reasonable choices…gee, I really wanna go on a trip with a bunch of friends..the thing is, I’ve never really planned any trips with friends before..i think the only trips I’ve been on with friends (excluding my roomie in the UK) is to PD, Terengganu, Kelantan and Cherating….which was fun, but I dunno laa..i guess I’m craving for a more adventurous one..(macam macho sangat la tu)…
So, aside from lamenting, this is also a public plea for a travel buddy..anyone?