The itsy bitsy Spider climb up the water spout….
Fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
- John Mayer’s “Daughters” -
'Twas a warm and hazy evening..the sun hid behind a veil of smog, thus reducing visibility…the air hung like a grey curtain over city dwellers..all is well with the world, except for a few occasional honks from the terrifyingly congested roads which would stretch on till the sun finally descends…
*sigh* all in all, 'twas a perfect evening of going back early in order to catch up with bestfriends over a nice, warm and greasy dinner….
The plan was to get off from work latest by 7 pm, head straight to Eilz’s in PJ for prayers, then zoomed off to Totz’s to pick the Royal Highness up, then arranged to meet Eli at some mamak stalls…
I ended up leaving the office at 8 ..*whoops, gotta put that in my timesheet, I’d better claim all the OT I can*
Nonetheless, they were forgiving *the bestfriends, that is* and soon, we were chatting noisily in the car, making last minute decisions on where to have dinner, resulting in me making abrupt turns in the depths of SS2…
We finally decided on Secret Recipe, but as soon as we could secure a parking and walked to the café, we discovered that it closes at 10.00pm…shucks..that’d leave us about 30 minutes to settle down, call for the menu, decide, and argue a bit before ordering…one of us is bound to be undecided, thus prolonging the whole process…usually me and Eilz *grins*
Hence..baik tak payah…
So, we droved on happily to Uptown..”first choice is always the best” and for about an hour, we basically sat, ate, and chatted as loud as we can…one thing for sure, put any of us girls in some spot, and we always managed to be loud…tanpa segan silu, tuan2 and puan2…
I have missed those….i’ve missed rides in cars, I’ve missed spontaneous planning, I’ve missed continous teasing and bantering, I’ve missed the quirks in character that they all have, I miss us…the Spideros….
But last night, was something…nice :)
It totally wiped out all murderous thoughts I have of current employer..plus evil thoughts that other people don’t have an ounce of consideration, and the utter disbelief that a person could forgo the health of a child in favor of her job….sheesh,…
Please God, as much as I want to earn my keep for a stress-free hari-hari senja…I don’t want to turn out to be a person devoid of feelings, and not caring about her family….please let me remain true to myself, and may I have many, many moments to cherish….
So, ladies, I am serious about the little trip we mentioned last night….i’m gonna start digging up infos and enquiring about my cuti…so, you, you and especially YOU, had better be able to get with the programme…
No, I’m not taking No as an answer….
p/s: i suddenly feel like splurging on a John Mayer cd..hmm....