Thursday, February 17, 2005 / 6:18 PM
Oh look, she speaketh!!

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

- Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" -


I haven’t been updating for a while, but I have been to loads of new blogs…it’s not that I don’t want to blog, jot my jumbled up thoughts so I can source a rationale or an answer to the questions in my head…I hate blaming everything on being busy, as I know that if we are passionate or we care about something, we would definitely make time for it…yet, I do make time for things that I care about….for instance, a recent impromptu sleepover that might have hurt someone’s feelings should it not materialize, and yet it raised questions from people around me about my priorities…my priorities have been a jumbled mess since like for ever…I guess it would help if people understand me or take me for what I am…but who would appreciate being stood up several times? I guess, I just have to work harder at prioritizing….

A short update…I’ve been through 2 exhausting roadshows, emerging a little bit wiser and more calmer…and ready to face anything in the coming one…although, I have to admit, meeting up ex-colleagues from ex-bank while distributing brochures, is not exactly a fun experience…meeting up was fun, but when they asked me where I’ve been, and i told them, to further my studies, and all at the same time, in a company t-shirt and cap distributing fliers and smiling at total strangers while selling them current company’s products , is not exactly what I envision myself a year back…I know, I know, call me arrogant, but my sole reason is so as my parents would not see me as a wasted investment…I guess, everyone’s gotta start at the bottom somewhere, so here I am..again..

Work wise, I’m in the midst of a deep disappointment with my current employer…alhamdulillah, promises of other options have always been there although not as delicious..i guess its time I do my contemplation again…the idea of being unemployed for a short while is actually quite attractive…my mom wants me to “settle” my leg/knee, go for required surgery and whatnot…and I need time to concentrate on slimming down…*cue for audience to burst out in laughter*..hehehe…but seriously, 2 or more of my best friends are getting married this very year, so I gotta look good kan? And what if I’m called upon to be an MC *wink*?..haa, dah kena prepare flowery speech and sickly-cheesy pantuns..*although secretly, I’ve always wanted to spout out flowery Malay phrases, hehehe*

On the home front: My home is a tornado of renovations..i pick my way through debris just to get to the front door..and my sister has taken to sharing my room…along with her pc, bookcases and stuff….which are lying all over my room..it does not help that she has projects and assignments all the time, hence huge blueprints/plans are all over my floor, on which she does her work, and rendering (which is just colouring for those not into design-speak :p)…what’s amazing is that for a future interior designer, she has absolutely NO TASTE in making up the bed!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m quite happy that I get to go off early, and leave her snoring so that she can make the bed later…but whenever I come back to my dear old room, and switch on the lights at the end of the day..*sigh* urut dada makcik…so laa the takde style in mengemas katil….i have this way of arranging the pillows, and pulling up the duvet so it looks ala-ala it should be featured in a magazine..but she!!! Arrghh….i’m tempted to just do it myself, but I shall not succumb..*grumble, grumble*

Valentine’s Day came and went…as usual, dateless..:p which is no surprise la kan…instead of spending the night with someone of the opposite gender, alone together…I was actually with my mom, my dentist and her son…who, btw, is much younger…sipping coffee and eating expensive crisps at the local Starbucks…how romantic *rolls eyes*…my sis on the other hand, got her usual yearly valentine gift, and a customary helium balloon which is hanging over our room now…

I watched the Lilian Too feng shui show the other day..well, only the part about the people born in the year of the Sheep *mbaaa*…hmm, interestingly enough I found out that I’m actually stronger than the dragon…waa! Apparently, the Sheep lady is better at wrangling promotions than the dragon lady…cool….and Lilian Too, of course, being the enterprising businesswoman that she is, advocates wearing citrine crystals *which can be found at he World of Feng Shui la kan* this year as a good luck charm, and the citrine is good apparently for wealth, so its always good to have some on you…I don’t totally believe in the power of feng shui, and I’m not sure if its really syirik if you pick up some tips…but the citrine is actually a very pretty crystal…it might not hurt to string a band around the wrist kan….hmm….

Oh and I’ve finally read Patricia Cornwell’s first book…after reading 3 of her books, I have to admit, although she’s a great alternative to CSI, I much, much prefer Agatha Christie…maybe because the villains in Agatha Christie is closely tied to her characters or maybe we were introduced to them earlier in the book..but Patricia Cornwell’s is always some obscure dude, who, by the powers of deduction and modern-day miracles, were found guilty…sangat boring…takde emotional attachment….so, I’m back to reading Jane Green..chick lit pun chick lit laa…I’m so tempted to carry around my Maeve Binchy but they’re all hard covers first editions, so a bit the semangat la pulak kan….

am still in the office..bila nak balik nieee?

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com