Sunday, February 29, 2004 / 5:17 AM
Friday Night TV

I cried and I cried
There were nights that died for you baby
I tried and I tried to deny that your love drove me crazy, baby

If the love that I got for you is gone
If the river I cried ain't that long
Then I'm wrong, yeah I'm wrong, this ain't a love song

- Bon Jovi's "This Ain’t A Love Song" -


After helping Kak Iza and Muhazza with a dinner of nasi ayam, and some sayur and mushroom concoction I made, I settled down to my usual Friday Night TV selection..channel of choice: Channel 4…well, at 8 p.m., we watched Back to Reality on 5 TV, but that’s only because we wanted to know what’s going on with the contestants of the reality show, and see if anyone got voted off….at 9 p.m. FRIENDS started..then, it was Will & Grace, but personally I think the show should be called Karen and the other gay guy (can’t remember his name)…I keep thinking that the whole show is a lot more entertaining if Karen had more lines…she’s definitely my favourite character..her and her tiny, shrieky, high voice and penchant for all things x-rated..well, sorta…she’s sooo cute!

Then it was Sex and the City…only 3 episodes left!! And I was beginning to like the series! I can practically hear my cousin, Tina Yoohoo, squealing and swooning over Mikhail Barsyhnikov all the way in Birmingham..he was on for quite some time didn’t he,dear…anyhoo, what made tonight’s episode for me was Big’s voice on Carrie’s answering machine…I absolutely ADORE Big…have always been and forever will be….so dashing with his wiggly eyebrow…unfortunately, after a session of blog-hopping today, I found a picture from the final episode of Carrie and the person who she’s gonna end up with…*wicked grin*…am not gonna spoil for you then…hehhehe….

Then came NY Graham Norton…Graham Norton is this rather campy looking British guy, who hosts his own talk show (sorta talk/variety/make-people-look-stupid show) but I really like it cuz he’s funny!! Extremely!! Maybe its British humour *wonders*…btw, I personally think he looks like Aznil Nawawi *don’t ask way, maybe it’s the loud suits :p * anyway, the show has moved from Britain to New York, but its only available for British viewers…hehehe..tonight’s guest was..*drumrolls*..Jon Bon Jovi!!!!! *scrreaaaammmm* *sqquueeeallll* *sigh*..C.O.M.E.L. nyerrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so, so so, suke JBJ…..ever since, err, Form 3…plus, he was Ally McBeal’s boyfriend for a while, and I was practically glued to the tv then, with his butt, and his eyes, and his sengih, and those totally, totally casual outfits (well, he was the handyman) …muke die nie cam timeless sikit aa, sebab tak tukar banyak over the years :p hehhehe..but methinks he bleaches his teeth..cam putih lebih2 laa pulak..anyhoo, he was there in his Royal Yummy-ness, wearing blue jeans and a black turtleneck *scream*..sengih-ing his trademark smile * squeal*….anyway, on every Graham Norton show, he always does this thing where he would find something/someone interesting on the net, or wherever, preferably advertising something, and call them up, asking his guest to participate in fooling the guy…one time, it was this guy who had fixations on balloons and has his own website with pictures of him and balloons (nude ones too!) , another time is this guy who loves Elton (mase tu Elton was his guest), and tonight, in conjunction with Bush’s declaration on gay marriages, Graham and Jon Bon Jovi *scream* proceeded to call a marriage counselor, and tell her their problems as a gay couple…the catch: using words from Bon Jovi’s songs…verdict: Hilarious!!! Jon siap buat muke2 merajuk lagi *soo comel*..an example: “I mean I just want to tell him you know, that, you give love a bad name”..and the best, masa Jon cakap “ well, you can always lay your hands on me”..!!! hahahhaha…gelak besar dah mase tu….*sigh*…Jon Bon Jovi..does anyone remember the videoclip for “This Ain’t A Love Song” ? I think it was sweet….

And now they’re showing some sort of the making of LOTR, which should be fascinating, should I actually have a smidgen interest in it…don’t get me wrong…I LIKE LOTR…..but, don’t shoot me with your Legolas-like arrows now…but I have not watched The 2 Towers….yup….hence, I didn’t even made the move to watch The Return Of the King…well, you can’t really watch the sequel without watching the prequel kan? Hehhehe…my only excuse for not watching The 2 Towers is that I’ve actually finished reading it..so I know what’s going on, what’s gonna happen (cuz apparently the movie finishes off earlier than the book, but then again, I have not watched it, so I can’t be sure)…I know that it seems like a great phenomenon, and I am amazed at the director, whatsisname, for shooting 3 huge movies simultaneously, piecing the scenes like a giant jigsaw puzzle…I know Orlando Bloom is such a dish, and Hugo Morgensten as Aragorn looks yummy as well (but he looks totally weird minus the Aragorn get-up), and Liv Tyler was so beautiful (as always) ..oh yeah, and let’s not forget Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin…lovely hobbits they are (terlupe pulak si kenit2 tu)…the amazing setting and costumes…the interpretation of JRR Tolkien’s mystical Middle-Earth…but, I just can’t work up the enthusiasm to actually go and catch the movie…kalau Harry Potter tu, lainlaa….i would actually try to catch the first screening of that movie (which I did, for the Sorcerer’s Stone)…

I guess one annoying thing that I find post-LOTR hoohaa is how MANY people claimed that LOTR is their FAVOURITE book…I mean, take a look at those Friendster profiles..suddenly, next to ditzy novels or chick-lit (which I’m guilty of), you find LOTR….ok, I’m gonna be annoying here as well…HELLOO???? Do you even KNOW what favourite means??? A favourite book is something that you go back to every now and again! Its familiar, after a few reads, you like it even more *my definition, not applicable to anyone*… I mean, have they EVEN gone through the book?? Ok, so most prolly have, but I’m talking about these kids who prolly have not even HEARD of JRR Tolkien, let alone Middle-Earth before the movies arrived….sheesh….i remembered this brilliant friend of mine, Su-Li, who is this bright young thing, who had an amazing collection of books, and a great vocabulary plus knowledge, all at a tender age of 13…she had actually read The Hobbit before secondary school, and recommended me to read it in Form 2…btw, for those not in the know (although prolly everyone knows it by now) The Hobbit is the prequel to LOTR…well, sorta..it tells the tale of Bilbo Baggins ( Frodo’s Uncle who gave him The Ring), and his adventures, and how he got the ring in the first place…we were introduced to Gollum then…anyway, Su-Li didn’t even BRAGGED that she read the whole caboodle at a young age..it was just another book for her…and she’s definitely not the ditzy type, well, wacky, but not DITZY…wait, what’s my point here? Well, I’m just annoyed, pissed actually, at these people who claimed that LOTR is their favourite book..honey, if you can actually read the whole thing, and get back to it in a month or two, then I would regard you as a genuine “LOTR is my favourite book”..but if you’ve just watched the movie, and think hey, the book must be exactly like THAT, then baby, you have got A LOT to learn..or read….

As for me, I’m guilty of not watching the sequels of great cinematic displays, and putting down the book before the first chapter of the ROTK ended…the book is now gathering dust in my bookshelf here, with my Winston Churchill bookmark in its faithful place…I might even commit the sin of sending it back home when my dad comes for a visit..no guesses to what my “un-Favourite” book huh….

|
Confessions
Journals
Experiences
Credits
Counter
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com