My turn now..
Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside
- Christina Aguilera's "Reflections"OST Mulan -
Cilok-ed the following from Nonz...
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Set up a blog, learnt how to massage people's faces (sape nak try?) watched an HMI show (thanks Doc!) Applied for my masters, actually went through the whole PTD rigmarole , watched musicals at the West End, basically most of the things I'm doing here..
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions at the beginning of a new year..i do it on a weekly basis..whether I keep them is another story, of course..new ones? To be more efficient and to strive to be a perfectionist, and to spend as much time with my loved ones and friends¡Koh, and to look like a million dollars whenever I face the public..haha!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin, who gave birth to an extremely chubby Hannah Ariesha, and my Doraemon-ish friend, Natsuko, who gave birth to Harith Adzfar...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not very close, but close to my family..Pak Ngah Tahir
5. What countries did you visit?
Still on a visit, UK :p ..and Germany
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
The x-factor found in a significant other..muahahahah! a job that gets me up in the morning singing like a lark..tinier waist and smaller butt, and oh yeah, more manageable hair (but I am grateful for what I have tho')...
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Err..none, i think..ooh, maybe the date of the release of The Order Of the Phoenix..bile yer? Oh and 17th Sept, the day I landed here..
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually making the decision to be away from family and friends, making the impulsive move to London., at work; got my client to deposit RM15 mill, my first sendiri-dapat client!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing my dealers exams..ohh, the horror and shame of it all, and not preparing extra hard for the PTD thingy..
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? '
Well, not an injury or illness, but Im scheduled for a surgery when I come back to Malaysia kelak..dang!
11. What was the best thing you bought? '
Jemima J!! my RM 20 British India dress, and my working shoes..
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nona, for seeking closure..u go girl! Afti , for getting that kick-ass job, Tina for the wonderfully wonderful decision on the hijab..my brother, for getting that high gpa for his course..(well, except for the Agama subject :p)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ooh, lots..most of them mine..:p
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books, books, food, food, junk! Ooh, and contact lenses peripherals..
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My family's open house on the 1st January 2003, the release of the OOTP, my primary school classmate's reunion (well, any reunions for that matter) the Ally McBeal finale (boohoo!!) , Konsert Akademi Fantasia (final one)..:p
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Evanescence's "Bring me to Life"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Heh, no differences whatsoever..i'm happy when I'm happy and I'm sad when I'm sad
ii. thinner or fatter? No differences whatsoever! Grrr..
iii. richer or poorer? Alhamdulillah, rezeki murah and sentiasa ada..
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hang out with my bestest of best friends, exercise my butt off, eat less, take more chances and do more stuff..ooh, and watched more movies and plays in Malaysia and studied for my dealers exams...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being moany and whiny, ooh and pig out!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
On Christmas day, I was at home, doing nothing..sad kan..
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
You know, I actually did? Heheheheh...
23. How many one-night stands?
With what? My trusty teddybear? heheheh...
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ally McBeal, Malcolm in the Middle, Those Afundi shows (haha!), Gilmore Girls..and currently, CSI..
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I've hated a few, but I've .also made my peace with them..
26. What was the best book you read?
Jemima J, Under the Duvet, Tuesdays with Morrie, Shopaholic, Angela's Ashes, LOTR (book 1 & 2 ) ..
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dewa! and Josh Groban..
28. What did you want and get?
An education in London! alhamdulillah..
29. What did you want and not get?
To watch LOTR part 2..heheheh...
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Italian Job!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
23 years old, went out with secondary school friends the night before, the next day, just hang round the house and did some gardening with my mom
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Money, money, money! Heheheh..perhaps the idea of a significant other..muahahahahaha!.and a better figure!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Uncombed hair! It makes my curls stand out more, rather than have a frizzy beehive...hahaaha
34. What kept you sane?
My family :) and my blog
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ewan McGregor!!! The Osbournes! Lex yummy Luthor..*gasp* Nicholas Saputra!!!!! Urrmm..and, err..Sham Kamikaze..eehehhehe..
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The stepping down of Tun Dr Mahathir..cant believe I was not there to see it...
37. Who did you miss?
Everyone! And Ally McBeal..
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Not really new, but Dani!! And I miss her soo...oh, and a certain young gentleman who shall remain nameless, but will always have a special place in my heart :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Life is a big experiment..i learnt that if I weigh too much the pros and cons of everything, it might just not turn out how I predicted it to be..and God, will always be there to guide us in whatever we chooses, and for everything we chooses, there's surely going to be some high points and low ones, and it's all up to us to make things happen and work out for us..so, I've learnt to listen to my heart more, and try not to be too fickle ;) .., and that I have WONDERFUL friends that I should never took for granted of..
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"Dreams" by Cranberries
Oh, my life is changing everyday,
In every possible way.
And oh, my dreams, it's never quiet as it seems,
Never quiet as it seems.
I know I've felt like this before, but now I'm feeling it even more,
Because it came from you.
And then I open up and see the person falling here is me,
A different way to be.
Ah, la da ah...
La...
I want more imposible to ignore,
Imposible to ignore.
And they'll come true, impossible not to do,
Impossible not to do.
And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me.
You're what I couldn't find.
A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind;
You're everything to me.
Oh, my life,
Is changing every day,
In every possible way.
And oh, my dreams,
It's never quiet as it seems,
'Cause you're a dream to me,
Dream to me.
Ah, da, da da da, da, la...
ehhehehe...now, did all that make me sound like a materialistic but fat bimbo? Hope not..i soo like to do all these survey and questionnaires..but this one actually made me look back at 2003 in retrospective..and got me musing on what happened..i even went back to read my archives to see if I've left anything out..:p
on another note, thank you Nonz and Wahiyu for the particular chat session last night..it's nice to note that both of u cared..its either that, or both of u are bored in the office and have nothing else to do but bug me about my predicament..hehehe..well, I bet Wahiyu's bored, cuz that was about the time when we would have ended all major deals..and nonz, I would presume, is really worried? Hahahah..i'm ok here..just not ready or bothered to think about IT at the moment..
yesterday, I went off to Oxford St (again!!!) but this time it was purely out of another intention which is to pass belated kueh rayas for my bestfriend's boyfriend who's here on a short visit..bahulu and batang buruk, half of which made its way into our tummies first..hehehe...met him at Gap, exchange small talk, then I left..err...but masuk kluar a few shops tho..hehehe..but it was good I did, cuz I found my jeans!! Hah! Finally! petite jeans for short, big-bottomed, thick-waisted people that costs much less than what it actually costed! Hah, again!.
don't ask me what I'll be doing on the eve of New Year...makcik dah tua, nak party-party nie, tulang pun dah reput ;) heheheh...will prolly spend the day checking out IKEA..or finishing up my assignments..
Happy New Year peeps...